Here Are The Rules for This Award:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you think deserve the recognition and a little blogging love.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. You can not nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I hate cooking, which is why I use my slow cooker almost every day. Dinner gets cooked, while I don’t have to do it!
- I would eat dessert for every meal of the day if I could.
- I have 3 fish tanks in my house.
- I love the peace and quiet of midnight.
- My favourite pastime is reading. Pretty much anything.
- I suck at video games. All of them.
- I would love to learn more about photography.
- I always wanted an important job growing up. Who knew I would get the most important one…being a mommy!
- I enjoy refinishing furniture.
- I am terribly messy. I know where most of my stuff is…sometimes! 🙂
- I eat peanut butter by the spoonful.
My answers to Maria’s questions:
1.Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to share my journey through life with others. I am new to homeschooling in Canada, and there really doesn’t seem to be a visible community in my area, so I thought I’d start one.
2.Where do you get blogging inspiration?
My kids. I mostly blog about what we learn each day, sometimes including crafts, and bible studies that I am currently doing.
3. What is a goal you are working on right now?
Organizing my house. I think that one may take the rest of my life though.
4. If you had unlimited money, how would you fill your time?
I think I would do all the expected things like pay off our bills, and then I would fulfill my dreams of taking my children around the world to experience life other ways. One of my main goals as a parent is to teach my children that our culture is not the only one, and that having the newest and best of everything isn’t what is going to matter in the end.
5. If you could relive one moment of your life, what would it be and why?
That is a tough one!
6. What is the most interesting place you have visited?
Hiroshima, Japan. I went there with my husband and a friend of ours so they could tour the Mazda factory. They toured the factory and I walked around most of Hiroshima, exploring by myself. It was so clean and full of history. I was sitting in the park outside of Hiroshima Castle when an elderly lady taught me the word for pigeon. I’m afraid I don’t remember the word anymore, but I definitely remember her.
7. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Everything. I wanted to be an oncologist for the longest time though. My grandma died of cancer when I was 14, and I wanted nothing more than to stop that terrible disease. But then I came to the conclusion that I would take a stronger person than me to spend my day telling people bad news.
8. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Introvert. I am most comfortable one on one, or observing if I have to be in a large crowd.
9. What do you like best about Autumn?
The cooler weather, the colours, the smell of baking, harvesting from our garden, getting back into routine…getting ready for Christmas. I can’t pick.
10. What book are you currently reading?
A Year of Biblical Womanhood: How a Liberated Woman Found Herself Sitting on Her Roof, Covering Her Head, and Calling Her Husband Master by Rachel Evans. It is hilarious.
11. Name your favourite artist.
Shirley Meyers. She is actually my husband’s Grandma. She learned to paint recently and has blessed us with a beautiful winter scene.
My Nominations for the Sunshine Awards are:
2. A Plethora of Ponderings
3. Patience in the Jungle
4. Hope in Every Season
5. The Blish
6. Pure Nourishment
7. Sugar Aunts
8. Preschoolers and Peace
9. Nap Time Creations
10. Tracy Gosteli Photography
11. Fresh Modesty
My Questions for the New Nominees:
1. What made you start your blog?
2. What is your favourite book?
3. What is your favourite movie line?
4. Which of the four seasons do you look forward to most?
5. When do you start your Christmas shopping?
6. If you had unlimited money, how would you fill your time?
7. What is your next blog post about?
8. Do you make any of your presents, or do you prefer to shop for them?
9. Are you an only child?
10. What is your favourite childhood memory?
11. How did you meet your best friend?
Congrats to my nominees for the award -and thanks for sharing your amazing blogs with the rest of us.